If you have been reading the news of late, you must have heard of how intruders have been able to access Ring doorbell, and security cameras account with ease. With the possibility of this happening to anyone.
Adding an extra layer of security to your Ring account is a must do, to help you protect your Account.
The best way of doing this is by first changing your account password to a solid password containing letters, numbers, and symbols. The second step is to activate two-factor authentication, which asks for a verification code anytime someone tries to log in to your account.
How to Change Your Ring Account Password:
Now that you are trying to secure your account, I would recommend that you change your password first. If someone already has your password or access to your Account, changing the password makes sure that you are the only one who has the new password. To change your Ring Account password, follow these simple steps.
• To start, go to the Ring Website and click on the login button at the top right.
• Enter your Ring Account details and sign in.
• hover your mouse on your name and a drop-down menu will appear
• Click on the Account button.
• Click on the change password button
• Now input your current Ring password and your new password in the required fields.
• Click on the Change password button
• after this your Ring Account Password will be changed.
On Mobile Devices:
• To change your Ring password from your mobile phone, open the mobile app
• Click the hamburger icon( 3 dashed line) at the top-left
• on the pop-up menu click on the Account button.
• Tap the change button in the password tab
• Input your current password and the new password in the required fields
• Tap on the Update Password, and the password will be changed
How to Activate Two-Factor Authentication:
• Go to the Ring website and click on the login button at the top-right
• Type in your Ring details and click the sign-in button
• Hover the cursor on your name, and a pop-up menu will appear.
• Click on the Account button.
• Go to the extra security section and click on the “Turn on” button in the Two-factor Authentication tab
• After clicking the button, you will need to confirm that you are the account owner by re-typing your Ring account Details
• Then Click the continue button
• Input the number you want the verification code to be sent to and click Continue
• After a few seconds, you will receive a message containing the six-digit verification code.
• Input the code in the required field and continue.
• You have successfully activated two-factor authentication on your Account.
• Open the Ring mobile app
• Click on the hamburger icon (3 dashed lines), And a pop-up menu will appear.
• Tap the Account button.
• Then Tab on the Two-factor Authentication button
• Before proceeding you will need to confirm that you are the owner of the Account, by entering your Ring account Details .
• Click the “Continue” button.
• Now, type the number you want the verification code to be sent to and click continue.
• You will receive a six-digit verification code in a few seconds via SMS. Type the code in and tap verify
• After verifying Two-factor Authentication will be activated on your Account.
And with these two security steps, your Ring Account will be very secure from hackers. If a hacker should manage to get your password, the hacker won’t be able to access your account unless he/she has access to your phone number.